Earth Day Tips Followed up by Some “Environ-Metal”
Happy Earth Day Everyone! Go outside and enjoy yourself some nature. But don’t forget, every day is Earth Day. Every day of life, ever breathe of clean air, every morsel of food we eat, or glass of water we drink is a precious gift from the Earth. Let’s think of things we can do to give our thanks and give back.
WHAT CAN YOU DO AS AN INDIVIDUAL?
- Plant a tree
- Get together with some people and clean a park or pick up other litter.
- Make a greater commitment to recycle
- Shop at a local farmers market
- Try to cut down on your carbon emissions by biking or taking the bus when you can.
WHAT CAN SOCIETY DO?
- Small scale tasks in our day to day lives are noble gestures, but ultimately, it is large scale government policies that are needed to get this planet back on track. So what government policies are needed?
- Cuts to carbon emissions.
- More funding for Renewable Energy Technology such as Solar and Wind energy. Fracking and Natural Gas are not realistic alternatives.
- More funding for public transportation projects, since these give out less pollution than cars.
- A firm commitment to protect what is left of the world’s rain forests and other natural landscapes.
Of course these solutions won’t completely save the day, but it’s a start. In the meantime, enjoy some environ-metal…hurhurhur.
Ozzy Osbourne – Revelation (Mother Earth)
Black Sabbath – Hole in the Sky
Testament – Green House Effect
Cattle Decapitation – Regret and The Grave
Two Steps From Hell – Protectors of the Earth