Earth Day Tips Followed up by Some “Environ-Metal”
Happy Earth Day Everyone! Go outside and enjoy yourself some nature. But don’t forget, every day is Earth Day. Every day of life, ever breathe of clean air, every morsel of food we eat, or glass of water we drink is a precious gift from the Earth. Let’s think of things we can do to give our thanks and give back.
WHAT CAN YOU DO AS AN INDIVIDUAL?
- Plant a tree
- Get together with some people and clean a park or pick up other litter.
- Make a greater commitment to recycle
- Shop at a local farmers market
- Try to cut down on your carbon emissions by biking or taking the bus when you can.
WHAT CAN SOCIETY DO?
- Small scale tasks in our day to day lives are noble gestures, but ultimately, it is large scale government policies that are needed to get this planet back on track. So what government policies are needed?
- Cuts to carbon emissions.
- More funding for Renewable Energy Technology such as Solar and Wind energy. Fracking and Natural Gas are not realistic alternatives.
- More funding for public transportation projects, since these give out less pollution than cars.
- A firm commitment to protect what is left of the world’s rain forests and other natural landscapes.
Of course these solutions won’t completely save the day, but it’s a start. In the meantime, enjoy some environ-metal…hurhurhur.
Ozzy Osbourne – Revelation (Mother Earth)
Black Sabbath – Hole in the Sky
Testament – Green House Effect
Cattle Decapitation – Regret and The Grave
Two Steps From Hell – Protectors of the Earth
This entry was posted on April 22, 2013 by Metalgaia. It was filed under Environment, Music, What Can You Do? and was tagged with earth day, environ-metal, environmental, metal, songs.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Bravo! A grand post! I’ve actually planted 1 spiral alberta spruce in my front yard today and will plant the second one before nightfall. Long Live Mother Earth \m/\m/
April 22, 2013 at 6:31 pm
Awesome! I rent, so I can’t plant anything near my house, but I may participate in a tree planting at a nearby park this weekend. \M/\M/
April 22, 2013 at 8:09 pm
Nothing wrong with that at all! It seems Earth Day just doesn’t get promoted the way it should, via the “big” media outlets.
April 22, 2013 at 11:12 pm
Definitely! I agree. Glad to find another Earth loving metal head out there. I think many people assume that if they just recycle they are doing their part. These things are good, but they are not enough. I think the mainstream is just now becoming more aware of environmental issues in light of disasters like hurricane Sandy and what not. But I think we need muuuuuuuuuuch more coverage on the issue considering how important it is.
Hope you had a rockin Earth Day.
April 22, 2013 at 11:18 pm
Pingback: Yes Carbon Emission Growth Slowed, But Don’t Celebrate Yet | Metal Gaia