Old Brehon Laws
1. Uphold high moral standards.
2. Think of all life as sacred.
3. Be prepared to compensate for your actions.
4. Honor all life as sacred.
5. Serve your community.
6. Make your living honestly.
7. Maintain a healthy spiritual and mundane balance.
8. Care for your body and maintain good health. (In ancient times a person could be fined for being grossly overweight due to lack of care.)
9. Maintain truth in your speech.
10. Do not make false accusations, or accusations you are not totally certain of.
11. Be a good host and a good guest.
Everyone has those days when they get overwhelmed
Overwhelmed by the stress of the daily grind
You had a fight with a lover
You have a soul crushing job
You’re tired of being trapped at a desk and breathing the same recycled air
You work in customer service and have to wear a shit eating grin to people you don’t like
Going out and emerging yourself in nature
If there is any around you
Walking on a forest path
Looking up at an eagle overhead
Gazing over a pond that reflects the sky
Reminds you that your life and your problems are just a small part of a complex system
That there is a world billions of years old all around you
And that the problems you stress yourself about
Will disappear like a drop of water in the stream of time.
The backing song is “Vo Moiom Sadochke” by the Russian Metal band Arkona
I created this video to explain what is meant by “Ancient Values.”
Living in nature taught our ancestors many lessons.
Lessons about strength and survival.
Ancient Values revering courage, truth and beauty come from a day to day existence with Nature.