Let us rejoice for the day of light
A veil of green utop the bride
A crown of gold upon the groom
The world blooming, fresh and new
And now we dance like flames in the fire
We leap and jump higher and higher
As we bound over the hand of grasping heat
The crops grow tall, our summer feat.
ALL TEXT BELOW CAME FROM THIS SOURCE
1. Every action has a consequence that must be observed and you must be prepared to compensate for your actions if required.
2. All life is sacred and all are responsible for seeing that this standard is upheld.
3. You do still live in society and are bound by its rules.
4. Work with high standards.
5. Make an honest living.
6. Be a good host as well as a good guest.
7. Take care of yourself. (Health was held in high esteem amongst the Celts, so much that a person could be fined for being grossly overweight due to lack of care.)
8. Serve your community.
9. Maintain a healthy balance of the spiritual and mundane.
(Nihtscad writes: ‘Ethical and self respecting Druids did nothing without being properly schooled or aware of the consequences ahead of time. They knew when it was appropriate to visit the Otherworld and immerse themselves in the spiritual as well as when it was appropriate to be fully in this world.’)
10. Uphold the Truth, starting with yourself.
11. Be sure in your convictions, particularly when judging or accusing someone, but also when debating. Ask yourself: are you really sure? Do you really know that this the case?
Northern Runes Radio is a podcast and blog about the Ancient Norse Ways.
Here you will find a discussion of religion, magical practice and philosophy.
There are tales about Norse Gods such as Thor and Loki.
There is also a discussion about how myth and saga is a representation of the inner soul.